Sunday, March 21, 2010

Follow Your Dreams PSA


This assignment was to make a public service announcement. The PSA had to be on an issue that I real. You had to use 3 statistics, a call to action which is a phone number or website for more info. It also must include a song and images. The video had to me 30 seconds to 1 minute long.

My PSA is about high school dropouts. The first statistic I chose was: Every year 1.2 million students drop out of high school in the US alone. That’s 26 seconds or 6,000 a day. The second Statistic: Recent dropouts will earn $200,000 less than high school graduates, and over $800,000 less than college graduates in their lives. The third statistic is; In the US 65% of convicts are dropouts. Lack of education is one of the strongest predictors of criminal activity. I took pictures of my nephew acting as different jobs that require you staying in school. I used two songs, the first one is Sky’s The Limit by Notorious B.I.G. and the second song is Successful by Drake.

I feel this is an important issue because a lot of my friends are dropping out of high school. The side I supported is that I know a lot of people bring other peoples dreams down. So it may cause people to lose hope which is a reason why they dropout. The first song Sky’s The Limit says that you can do anything you set your mind to. The second song is Successful, because I know a lot of people want to become successful but they go the wrong way to try to accomplish it. The images show that you should give up or let people bring you down.

Looking at the rubric I believe my video meets all the standards. I believe the best part of my PSA is the images I took of my nephew. I need improvement on the titles in the video so that it is clearer to see. A skill I learned how important a PSA is. I learned is that I am able to make a change with images and a song.

No comments:

Post a Comment